Is there Medicare Wheelchair Coverage?

If you or your loved one is on Medicare and now has the need for a wheelchair or other mobility device then you are in luck.  Medicare wheelchair coverage will give you the ability to buy or rent a wheelchair to be able to have the type of freedom and mobility you might need.  There are some rules and stipulations with Medicare wheelchair coverage, as you may have expected, but in the end the coverage itself is very helpful to those who are in need.

First, there are a few ways you must be able to qualify for Medicare wheelchair coverage:

  • Have a health condition where you need help with activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, getting in or out of the bed or chair, moving around, or using the bathroom.
  • Be able to safely operate and get on and off the wheelchair or scooter.
  • Have good vision.
  • Be mentally able to safely use a scooter, or have someone with you who can make sure the device is used correctly and safely.

Medicare wheelchair coverage will pay for 80% of the wheelchair or mobility device if you meet the qualifications, you will be responsible for the other 20%.  This makes the Medicare wheelchair coverage well worth the time and investment.

Entry Filed under: How to Guides

Leave a Comment


Required, hidden

Some HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Most Recent Posts